The term aerobic exercise plainly illustrates in dealing with oxygen or in its presence. Aerobic exercise is doings which employ large muscle groups and can be maintained continuously for a long period of time. Basically, aerobics exercise is rhythmic in nature.
Aerobic exercises make the most of the oxygen as the major fuel for sustaining activity for fairly long periods. On the whole, aerobic exercise is those activities that necessitate enormous muscle work, elevate the heart rate to between 60 percent and 80 percent of maximal heart rate, are continuous, and are of 15 to 60 minutes in time. An aerobically fit person can work longer, more dynamically and achieve a quicker recovery at the end of the aerobic session.
Advantages of aerobic:
Consistent aerobics generate the following advantages:
- Aerobics crafts resistance and stamina.
- It augments cardiac function.
- It maintains the heart rate steady and elevated rate for an extended period.
- It amplifies the HDL ( a good cholesterol by nature) cholesterol levels.
- It toughens the bones in the spine.
- It maintains proper blood pressure.
- It lends a hand to maintain standard weight.
- It cuts the risk of heart attack, high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes.
- Taken as a whole it improves one’s sense of well-being.
Forms of aerobic exercise:
Aerobic exercises fall into two class:
Low to moderate exercises: These incorporate swimming, walking, stair climbing, rowing, and cross-country skiing. Just about anyone in sound health can slot in some low to moderate effect exercise. Brisk walk burns as many calories as jogging for the same distance and poses less risk for injury to muscle and bone.
High-level energy exercises: Running, dance exercise, tennis, squash. High energy exercises should be performed only every alternate day. People who are overweight, elderly, out of condition, or have an injury or other medical catch should do them even less frequently.
Also Read: Top 10 Cardio Exercises For Weight Loss
- Similarly, if you give over just one hour a week to aerobic exercises, it is more than enough.
- For most fit young adults, the best tactic is to perform a mix of low and higher impact exercise. Two weekly workouts will preserve fitness, but three to five sessions a week is superior.
- People who are out of shape or elderly should start aerobic training slowly. For instance, they may start with 5 to 10 minutes of low-level aerobics every other day and build toward a goal of 30 minutes per day, that too 3 to 5 times a week.
- People who desire to lose weight should do 6 to 8 low-level aerobics per week.
Also Read: 5 Ways to Lose Weight Fast
Weight loss by aerobic:
- Choreographed Aerobic Exercise
- Water Aerobics
- Step Aerobics
- Cycling (can also do stationary).
- Jumping Rope
Watch a video below to learn some aerobics exercises.
Aerobic exercise is excellent for weight loss because it uses more calories, burn more calories than other activities and help out to raise your metabolic rate which helps your body burn calories at a faster rate.